The Cayuga Ho’e is drawing near and we have started to get media coverage. The latest was the article “Hawaii Comes to Ithaca” that appeared in the Cornell Chronicle and explains the purpose of the Cayuga Ho’e. The event was also featured in the Lansing Star, “A 39 Mile Paddle to Ithaca” with again some great photos as well as full reporting on August 29th’s event. Thanks to all how have helped us to promote this worthwhile event!
Many local businesses are make donations to help us support a youth paddling program at the Ithaca Youth Bureau!
Here is the list of the sponsors so far!
- Eastern Mountain Sports
- 2 Complimentary Equipment Rental Certificate for 50% off of a total retail value of $80 for a period of 3 days.
- Greenstar Cooperative Market
- Basket full of wellness skin care products for those sun loving water fans.
- Sheldrake Point Vineyards
- Sponsored a seat on the wa’a
- Willcox Tire and Services
- Certificate for NYS Inspection; Rotate Tires; Check Fluids & Add. Labor Included.
- Certificate for Lube; Oil Change plus Filter; Rotate Tires; Check Fluids & Add. Labor Included
The Cayuga Outrigger Club is extremely grateful to all of the outstanding businesses that are supporting this event. Please show them your appreciation by visiting them often.
Aloha OC paddlers! The Cayuga Ho’e (August 29) and Kent Island Relay (Sept 4-5) are a month away!!! Time to get serious about our timing, mechanics, form, and condition! Here is some video from last Tuesday’s practice that shows both what we do well, and what we can continue to work on! See you on the water!
We will be using this space to keep you up to date with our club news. Stay tuned.